Tuesday 23 March 2010

Steve Hansons 'International Postal Art Project, Bristol, 2010' Contribution



"Just forwarded my entry for the Bristol International Postal Art Project, 2010, started by Helen Allsebrook, at UWE, Bristol. It arrived with a stitched and printed map contour design with a chunk knocked out, hanging by a thread. This was created by Soo Min Leong. It reminded me of the Highland clearances, for some reason. I eventually added a quote from Raphael Samuel on botanical gardens, which I have already used in my review of the Art of Location conference at The Courtyard, Hereford. I did this because one of the postcard backs had ‘monkeys in a botanical garden’ as a caption, so I also included the message ‘what’s a monkey to do? In all this Empire rubble…’ and then sent it on, to Erik Kok, at the Enschede Academy of Visual Arts, in The Netherlands. Can’t wait to see the exhibition." 

Steve Hanson, December 9th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment